We have a lot of “newbies” in the group, so I thought I would share some important information! Some of you may know this. Sometimes we need reminders on things too!
1. Yes, we can place multiple orders in a campaign, BUT you will be charged a SHIPPING FEE each and every time you place those orders. The shipping fee starts at $7 and goes up depending on order size. Be sure to charge EACH of your customers a processing fee of at LEAST 75 cents. This will help offset the shipping fee that Avon charges reps. I recommend that you place ONE ORDER during the 2-week selling cycle. As your orders grow you may want to do a weekly order.
2. Be sure that you are charging EACH customer tax on their order. Avon charges reps tax, so we need to charge our customers tax. Find out what the sales tax is in your city.
3. If you need to return products, Avon gives reps ONE free returning shipping a month. Be sure to do your returns ONLINE through youravon.com. You can print out the shipping label online as well. I wait until the end of the month (if I have any returns) to send back products. I put them all in one box. Be sure you print out the shipping list and include it in the box. You can find return instructions on youravon.com.
4. If you ONLY want to order sales tools like brochures and samples, they will ship for FREE. Call Avon to order sales tools to get free shipping. Make sure you don’t have any products on backorder. VERY IMPORTANT! If you do, Avon will ship the backorder products with your sales tools and you will be charged the shipping fee. This is very important to know.
5. We don’t get “paid” by Avon. We collect customers’ money, Avon tells us how much we owe, we pay Avon the DISCOUNTED price and whatever is left over from our customers’ payments, those are our earnings. If you ONLY have online sales, those earnings are deposited into your account on the 1st and 15th. I believe that this may have changed to the end of the Campaign. Leaders receive direct deposit on their leadership checks every 2 weeks. If you want to know more about leadership, message me!
6. Be sure you are collecting 100% of your customer’s money up front so that you can pay Avon what they are requesting be paid up front. Training your customers to do this will save you so much heartache in the future, especially if you’re starting out with an account with $0 credit. If Avon doesn’t get the requested payment amount up front, you risk having your order being placed on hold until payment is settled.
This Tip is highly recommended, especially if it someone that you know. I don’t always PRACTICE this. Sometimes collecting money up front you are handing money back and forth when products are not in stock. This is a double edge thing. YOU do what is best for you and your customer. I will talk with you one on one if you want.
7. Daily Deals are awesome! Beware that they add up quickly. Daily deals are available every day at noon until they are sold out. You will find them at www.youravon.com on the home page under Deals Central. This is something that you can’t remove from your order. NEVER put your business on hold for a single customer who can’t pay you until a certain date. Simply place their order on the next campaign (once they’ve paid you) and move on. Also… NEVER SPEND AVON MONEY ON ANYTHING ELSE BUT YOUR AVON INVOICE. Once Avon is paid in full, THEN you can set aside the difference as your earnings. This is just good practice but sometimes life happens. If you need help with anything ask away. We will get you the information. If you think that we need to add something let me know.Hope these tips help!!